Induction Heating Steel Pin For Loosening With RF Induction Heater
Objective Heat steel tie downs on containers to loosen steel pin so pin can rotate
Material Steel tie-down assembly with a 2.5” (63.5mm) dia. flange, 1” (25.4mm) dia. rod and pin ring approx 4” (101.6mm) OD and 0.75” (19.05) thick steel
Temperature 1000ºF (538ºC)
Frequency 282 kHz
Equipment •DW-UHF-20kW induction heating system, equipped with a remote workhead containing two 1.5μF capacitors for a total of 0.75μF
• An induction heating coil designed and developed specifically for this application.
Process A single turn helical coil is used to heat the assembly. The coil is placed around the pin and power is applied for 120 seconds. After heating, a steel rod is inserted in the pin ring, pressure is
applied and the pin ring spins freely.
Results/Benefits Induction heating provides:
• Precise and accurate placement of heat without affecting surrounding areas
• Much faster process time, from hours to minutes
• Repeatable and consistent results
• Even distribution of heating