High Frequency Induction Brazing Steel Tube to Copper Tube
The goal is to braze a steel tube to a copper tube in 60 seconds using flux and brazing alloy.
DW-UHF-10kw induction brazing heater
Three turns dual diameter coil
• Steel tube and copper receiver
• Braze alloy (CDA 681)
• B-1 flux
Temperature: Approximately 1750° F (954° C)
Frequency: 148 kHz
- The assembly section was pre-assembled and fluxed (B-1) then located in the two diameter coil with a single pre-formed alloy ring set at the interface area.
- Alloy flow and joint completed in 60 seconds.
- The material was cooled in water following the completion of induction brazing.
- The joint was then cross-sectioned to validate that the brazing process had produced a strong, high quality joint.
- Strong durable joints with induction heating
- Selective and precise heat zone, resulting in less part distortion and joint stress than welding
- Less oxidation
- Faster heating cycles
- More consistent results and suitability for large volume production, without the need for batch processing
- Safer than flame brazing