Induction Brazing Stainless Steel Car grill
Objective Braze an end plug on a stainless steel car grill before powder coating application
Material Stainless steel car grill 0.5” x 0.19” (12.7mm x 4.8mm), end plugs and braze ring
Temperature: 1350 ºF (732°C)
Equipment •DW-UHF-6kW-III induction heating system, equipped with a remote workhead containing one 0.66μF capacitor.
• An induction heating coil designed and developed specifically for this application.
Process A three turn square shaped helical coil is used to heat the end of the grill. End plugs are inserted into the grill and the assembly is inserted into the coil for 30 seconds. The braze flows to create a neat and clean leak-proof joint.
Results/Benefits Induction heating provides:
• Rapid localized heat to joint area only
• Minimized oxidation reduces cleaning time
• Hands-free heating that involves no operator skill for manufacturing
• Even distribution of heating