Induction Annealing Aluminum PIpe With High Frequency Induction Heating Machine
Objective Annealing aluminum fuel tank fill neck to 650 ºF (343 ºC)
Material Aluminum fill neck 2.5” (63.5mm) diameter, 14” (35.5cm) long
Temperature 650 ºF (343 ºC)
Frequency 75 kHz
Equipment •DW-HF-45kW induction heating system, equipped with a remote workhead containing eight 1.0μF capacitors for a total of 2.0μF
• An induction heating coil designed and developed specifically for this application.
Process An eight turn helical is used to heat the tube for annealing. To anneal the full length of the tube, the tube is placed in the coil and heated for 30 seconds then rotated and the bottom half is heated for an additional 30. The tube is then bent while hot to prevent cracking.
Results/Benefits Induction heating provides:
• High efficiency, low energy cost
• Fast, controllable and repeatable process
• Prevention of cracks
• Hands-free heating that involves no operator skill for manufacturing
• Even distribution of heating