Induction hardening steel screw threads
Heat steel roofing screw to 1650 ºF to harden the threads
Material : Steel roofing screws of varying diameters less than 1.25” (31.75mm) diameter, 5” (127mm) long
Temperature: 1650 ºF (899 ºC)
Frequency: 291 kHz
Equipment • DW-UHF-6kW-I handheld induction heating system, equipped with a remote workhead containing two 0.33µF capacitors for a total of 0.66µF
• An induction heating coil designed and developed specifically for this application.
Induction Hardening Process
A five turn helical coil is used heat the screw threads. The screw is placed in the coil, heat is applied for 8 seconds to
achieve a 2” long zone at the required hardness.
Induction heating provides:
• Very rapid heating, faster production rates, efficient
• Ability to incorporate into existing production lines
• Repeatable, consistent results
• Even distribution of heating