Induction Soldering Brass Connector In Solar Panel With IGBT Induction Heater
Objective Solder three brass connectors one at a time in a solar panel junction box without affecting the components in the junction box
Material Solar panel junction box, brass connectors, solder wire
Temperature 700 ºF (371 ºC)
Frequency 344 kHz
Equipment • DW-UHF-6 kW induction heating system, equipped with a remote workhead containing one 1.0 μF capacitor.
• An induction heating coil designed and developed specifically for this application.
Process A three turn oval shaped helical coil is used to heat the connectors. A piece of solder wire is placed onto the joint area and each joint is heated separately for 5 seconds to solder the connector. The total process time is 15 seconds for the three joints.
Results/Benefits Induction heating provides:
• Pinpoint accuracy deliver heating only to joint; does not affect surrounding components
• Localized heat produces neat and clean joints
• Produces high quality, repeatable results
• Even distribution of heating