Handheld Induction Brazing Copper Tubing and Fitting Process
Induction brazing copper to copper: ½” copper tubing and copper fitting with brazing alloy and flux using the DWS-10 HandHeld Induction Brazing System.
DWS-10 handheld induction brazing heater
• Copper fitting
• Copper tubing
• Silver brazing alloy (pre-formed)
- The copper tubing and brass fitting were assembled together.
- A pre-form of the silver brazing alloy was seated above the joint, and flux was added.
- The assembly was placed within a fixture.
- The C-Coil of the Brazing assembly was placed around the copper tubing and fitting, and the trigger was depressed. After roughly 40 seconds the brazing was complete.
- The material was cooled in water following completion of the brazing.
- The joint was then cross-sectioned to validate that the brazing process had produced a strong, high quality joint.
Induction heating provides:
- Strong durable joints
- Selective and precise heat zone, resulting in less part distortion and joint stress than welding
- Less oxidation
- Faster heating cycles
- More consistent results and suitability for large volume production, without the need for batch processing
- Safer than flame brazing