High Frequency Induction brazing steel carbide cap to shaft. Customer currently uses a torch process, but would like to change to induction brazing in order to reduce scrap and rework and improve the quality of the braze.
DW-UHF-6kw-III handheld induction brazing heater
• Carbon steel
• magnetic carbide caps
• Alloy – EZ Flo 3 paste
• Test 1: Shaft Diameter: 0.5” (12.7 mm)
• Test 2: Shaft Diameter: 0.375” (9.525mm)
• Test 3: Shaft Diameter: 0.312” (7.925mm)
- Paste alloy was applied to the cone shape top of each steel shaft.
- The cap was set on top and rotated to distribute the paste alloy.
- Each assembly was positioned in the coil and heated.
- Preliminary heat tests were conducted using tempilaq paint to estimate the heat cycle to 1450 degrees F.
- Precise control of the time and temperature resulting in improved quality and consistent result
- Power on demand with rapid heat cycles
- Repeatable process, not operator dependent
- Safe induction heating with no open flames
- Energy efficient heating