Induction Annealing Wire For Forming With High Frequency Heating Machine
Objective Annealing a zinc wire prior to forming a special high velocity air rifle pellet
Material Zinc wire 0.18” (4.5mm)dia
Temperature 572 ºF (300 ºC)
Frequency 300 kHz
Equipment •DW-UHF-6kW-III induction heating system, equipped with a remote workhead containing two 0.33μF capacitors for a total of 0.66μF
• An induction heating coil designed and developed specifically for this application.
Process A fourteen turn coil is used to heat 3.9” (100mm) of zinc wire.
The wire is placed in the coil for 5 seconds to reach the desired condition just prior to the forming process.
Results/Benefits Induction heating provides:
• Reduces hardness of pellets to prevent damage to the forming dies
• Reduced production time
• High efficiency, low energy cost
• Fast and controllable heat
• Hands-free heating that involves no operator skill for manufacturing